ACT Fire Recruitment Update 2017
Brent C here, giving you an update—fresh from the source.
Amazing news to all aspiring firefighters. ACT Fire and Rescue has just opened its doors to applications TODAY. Please make time to submit your application as the recruitment runs for only a period of two weeks. Recruitment close at exactly 9AM AEST on Monday 18 September.
ACT Fire Recruitment 2017 will be offering 16 positions only using the new quota recruiting method, this will make it a very competitive process.
Below are some insights from ACTFR as well as tips on how you can beat the competition and progress through the recruitment process…
- A third party agency will facilitate the recruitment process.
- 1st Stage: Initial Application– facilitator will check if applicants pass the minimum requirements
- Residency requirements – 18 years old and above, AU or NZ Citizenship or PR holder
- Current first aid certificate (‘Apply First Aid’ or equivalent)
- Current Australian C Class Licence – with no restrictions and confirmation of completion of a ‘Heavy Vehicle Knowledge Assessment’ or; current Australian MR Class driving licence with no restrictions.
- Current Medical Consent – to participate in physical abilities testing
- A Police Character Check
(Help Tool: Process To Success)
- 2nd Stage: Aptitude Tests
- Lasts 3-4 hours; includes tests of a range of skills including verbal, numerical, abstract, and spatial reasoning
- Has a written component that asks the applicant to respond to one selection criterion.
( Help Tool: Pass the Aptitude Test)
- 3rd Stage: Beep Test
- Consist of 20 shuttle runs
- 9.6 is the required level to pass
- 4th Stage: ACTFR Physical Aptitude Test
- Teamwork Exercises
- Initial Interview
( Help Tool: Physical Ability Accelerator)
- 5th Stage: Formal Interviews
- 6th Stage: Medical and Psychometric Assessment
ACT Fire and Rescue is looking to have a more diverse group of firefighters. I too hope this would be the case during this cycle. ACTFR is an awesome organisation to be working with since their pay rate and working conditions are at par with Australia’s best!
I am very excited for those of you who are at the verge of a life-changing journey towards becoming a full-fledged firefighter in one of Australia’s most challenging recruitment programs. I hope this article has given you some knowledge on what you have ahead of you and please know that Fire Recruitment Australia is here to help you through every stage of the hiring process. Just send us a message via our LIVE Chat.