Firefighter high school requirements
Firefighter Education Requirements
Firefighter high school & Firefighter degree requirements
If you are looking to become a professional firefighter you may have asked yourself the following questions
- - Are there firefighter high school requirements
- - Are there any firefighter degree requirements
- - What are the general education requirements to become a firefighter
I'm going to lay out the current education requirements to become a firefighter in each state around the country
FRV - Fire Rescue Victoria
There is no minimum educational requirements to become a career firefighter, but your literacy, numeracy and mechanical reasoning ability will be tested as part of the written selection test.
Fire & Rescue NSW
The minimum education requirement is the Higher School Certificate or equivalent.
- Higher School Certificate (or comparable qualification from another state) or
- Certificate III in any discipline or
- Trades qualified certificate or
- 5 years’ service as a retained firefighter with FRNSW or
- Higher educational qualification or equivalent.
DFES - Department of Fire & Emergency Services WA
There are no minimum schooling requirements for firefighter applicants
ACT Fire & Rescue
ACT has no minimum firefighter high school requirements listed
QFES - Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
Year 12 equivalent
"Year 12 equivalent implies;• Year 10 or above plus a Certificate II• Year 10 plus a completed traineeship or,• Year 10 plus Auxiliary Recruit Training and EducationProgramme (ARTEP)Year 12 equivalent also implies;• A Trade Certificate• Certificate Ill or aboveEvidence of successful completion of Year 12 is not required if the applicant holds higher qualifications e.g. Australian issued Certificate IV, Diploma, Degree etc.Applicants without these standard Australian qualifications may need to have their qualifications assessed by the Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC) prior to making application"
ARFF - Air Services Firefighter
Hold either a year 10 or Year 12 Certificate plus a minimum of two years full time equivalent experience (can be combination of paid work, volunteer work, professional or elite sports experience or representation) or Bachelors/Masters - more detail
NT Fire & Rescue
Firefighter applicants must have either a Senior Secondary Education Certificate - Year 12 or equivalent A completed Trade Certificate or Tertiary Qualification. Or be able to demonstrate considerable employment experience (min 2 years full time work), life skills & interaction.
TFS - Tasmania Fire Service
TFS firefighter education requirements are not listed as a prerequisite at this stage
SAMFS has no firefighter minimum education requirement listed at this stage
FENZ - Fire & Emergency New Zealand
FENZ - No firefighter education requirement listed
Programs By Fire Recruitment Australia
The Firefighters Recruitment Bundle
A collection of my best recruitment related resources
This is the ideal investment if you are currently preparing for the next fire services recruitment intake. This collection gives you rich details that help you prepare thoroughly for every test you'll face — the application process, the Aptitude, Personality, and Physical tests, and the Interview.
Join my membership program for even deeper, more thorough training.
When you become a member of FireRecruitment Australia, you get:
- All of our superior video courses and eBooks ... created specifically for aspiring firefighters in Autralia
- Our monthly coaching call for inspiration and faster success
- Access to our proprietary, interactive Interview software ... for the best possible Interview preparation
- The absolute BEST resources to propel you on your journey toward becoming a professional firefighter
Membership is ideal for you if you would like to see success much faster and with less stress. It membership works for first time applicants as well as applicants who have tried and failed before. The secret sauce that ties it all together is my personal experience mixed with years of research into the recruitment process.
Membership + Coaching
Membership PLUS - personalised coaching sessions based on your needs.
If you think you need that little bit of extra help to make it through the next recruitment intake, then Membership + coaching is perfect for you. Together, we'll work out a strategy that:
- Builds on your strengths and fills you with confidence
- Improves on your weaknesses to eliminate points of failure
- Shows you exactly what to expect so you can present the best version of yourself every step of the way.
Wherever you are in the process, and whatever challenges you’re facing right now, coaching gives you with step-by-step guidance, personal support, and resources to help you get where you want to be in the quickest way possible. You don’t need to struggle on your own anymore!