WA Firefighter Recruitment PATS Test
WA Firefighter PATS Test and PWCA
( Physical Work Capacity Assessment )
I have had a large number of requests come in lately in regards to the DFES Firefighter Recruitment process and in particular the Physical Aptitude Test or the Physical Work Capacity Assessment.
I have listed a brief list of what you need to consider including a few tips so if you are looking at a firefighter job with WA Fire Service this is a must read for you.
This is not an exhaustive list including everything in exact order etc it is more of a guide including the main differences you may encounter as opposed to other fire services around Australia.
- Under-run ladder multiple times
- Ladder from pumper to ground and multiple 5times
- Don BA Set multiple times
- Stair / Tower Climb + Container Haul Approximately 20kg
- Get in and out of the pumper multiple times
- Ship water hydrant & show water multiple times
- 70kg Dummy Drag
- Hold rescue cutters at three different levels – simulate a cut on a vehicle
- Coupling dexterity and matching
- Tunnel Crawl / anxiety test – you will be given a code to remember and put through a tunnel system with some tight areas as well as having a BA mask on your face with the regulator removed
- Tool carry exercise
- Driving test – refer to my article on DFES driving test – may be useful to brush up on basic road rules etc.
Make sure you listen to and follow instructions given carefully
For the tunnel crawl stay calm, listen to instructions and ensure you remember the code you get given
I hope this helps you on your way through the firefighter recruitment process with DFES.
Be sure to ask me any questions, leave a comment or share via social media.